- Week 1 Summary
- International Dinner
- This Week’s Curriculum
- Sermon Notes & Discussion Guide for FFC Ankeny (.pdf)
- Sermon Notes & Discussion Guide for FFC Bondurant (.pdf)
- Leader Guide for the Week of October 6, 2013 (.pdf)
- International Dinner Signup Form
Welcome Lighthouse Leaders to Leader Insight, a weekly podcast to help you to be in the loop at First Family and to help prepare you for your weekly group meetings.
Week 1 Summary
I hope Week 1 went well for your Lighthouse.
REMINDER: If you haven’t entered your attendance and group summary into FFC Connect, please take a few minutes to do so. When you complete your summary, be sure to click the check box at the bottom to send an email to your elder. This will help keep your elders in the loop of what’s happening in our Lighthouses and provide another layer of shepherding.
Group Attendance can be posted by a group leader or assistant leader. If you want to assign someone in your group to be responsible for taking attendance and completing the weekly summary form, simply assign them as an assistant leader within your group. If you need any assistance, don’t hesitate to contact me.
Our International Dinner is next Wednesday, Oct. 9. The building will be open at 5:00 p.m. for you to setup your table and begin bringing food. We’ll start eating at 6:00 p.m. If you haven’t reserved your country, we have an online form available.
Curriculum: Profile of a Sending Church (Acts 13:1–4)
This is the week we begin syncing our weekly Lighthouse curriculum with the Sunday message. This week’s curriculum is for the week of October 6 and is titled “Profile of a Sending Church.” The text is Acts 13:1–3.
It will take some time to get everyone accustomed to the new format. As a review,
- Each week we will provide sermon notes and a Lighthouse discussion guide in the worship folder. This will help your Lighthouse Members prepare for their group meeting.
- Each week we will provide all Lighthouse Leaders with a Leader’s Guide. This will be a step-by-step review of the lesson. Feel free to work from this Leader Guide to create your own lesson.
- The weekly curriculum will be released on Thursday afternoon.